Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fly time.

So I am a bit anti Auckland. Not a true patriot. 
However I do love the North Shore where I live. This can be found over the other side of the Harbour Bridge. 
We are pretty much our own little city. But to most its all the same.
When the opportunity and excuse came to go spend some time in Wanaka to race and explore new roads with team mate Jimmy Williamson I was there 2days later. A 10day trip.

One race I did was the Alpine Classic - Queenstown to Wanaka and return. A tidy 140km race up and over the Crown Range climb twice. For me it was a chance to test myself and my form on one of the longest climbs we race up in New Zealand. To say the least I was more than happy with how i felt. 
The story goes a bit sideways here, when up the road with Scotty Lyttle my knee and IT Band werent to happy and caused me a fair bit of grief. The anchors were hit - race over.

A few days of relaxing and enjoying the beauty of Wanaka and fixing my cleat position Jimmy and I headed to his home town of Alexandra with a few big rides planned. 310km in 2 days was pretty pleasing, all up over 4000m of climbing.

That weekend after the hardest 100km i have ever done A trip to Dunedin was set. Goodbyes to a few friends of mine and a bit of party time was fun and a nice way to welcome my 20th year on this large rock. A big thank you to all who made the weekend so much fun.

Surprizingly enough I have come away feeling refreshed and ready to go. It is only 5days now until I fly out. Packing has started which is not my favourite part. Still havent really unpacked from my wee trip down south.

20hours of flying lays in front of me on the 21st. first stop. Sydney. Then Los Angeles. Ending with Denver. Then I will be "home".




No comments:

Post a Comment