Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ticking along quietly.

As New Zealand's summer season of racing is coming to a close, it is hard to find any racing near by to home.
This hasn't been helped by the fact that it is only 3 weeks now until I leave. It seems to all make the weeks so slow.

It has been a week of some great up's and a few downs.
Training on the same roads out to the Waitakere ranges day in, day out has started to take it's toll. It's starting to get boring and a bit mind numbing.
My focus for the year is to improve both my hill climbing and time trialling so there is reason to my madness of hills hills hills, and the benefits are starting to show.

However when the chance to skip down to Wanaka in this coming week to race the Summer Send Off and train for the week with team mate James Williamson, I couldn't turn it down.
The Summer Send Off includes a Criterium on the Friday night, followed by a great road race from Queenstown to Wanaka and return. 140km and TWICE over the Crown Range!! lets see how good I really am climbing.

Also during the week I return home to find a parcel sitting on my bed. Pete from Bont had sent me a second set of shoes for the season in a stealth black!
Oh how the little things can make a slow week of riding just that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment